Super niching is one of the hottest things right now. As we all have come to compete in the global market place over the last year, finding the space where you can stand out anywhere in the world is critical. Join us today as Chala Dincoy brings her wisdom from the biggest CPG brands in the word to show you how to find just the right spot.
My Guest: Chala Dincoy
Chala is the CEO and Founder of The Repositioning Expert. She is a marketing strategist who helps B2B service providers to connect quicker with the decision maker by repositioning their messaging.
In her former life, she was an award winning marketer at companies such as Pepsi, Pizza Hut, Frito Lay, Diageo, Playtex and BIC Inc for 20 years. Now she is a marketing consultant, the author of Gentle Marketing: A Gentle Way To Attract Loads Of Clients, and How To Win Friends The Way Apple Wins Customers. She is a speaker and expert featured on FOX, NBC, ABC, CBS, the National Post, the Ottawa Citizen, and a radio segment host on the Small Business Big Ideas Show.
· Chala’s trick is to super niche.
· Chala started as an ABM in corporate and then she went on the ladder of moving through to the next manager level.
· The reason Chala moved out of corporate was because she always had this dream to be an entrepreneur.
· She invested money in coaches to help her with the transition from corporate to entrepreneur.
· A lot of things are resolved when you have super niched.
In order to super niche,
· Draw a blue sky and write down every single industry of who you can work with or who you have worked with.
· Write down their most expensive, costly and persistent pain points.
· Score them for relevance in terms of whether it can make you money, whether you have access to the decision maker and whether it is a good fit for you and your skill set and background.
· Once you have done that then the top three industries pain points pop out.
· We deploy a research a 15 min conversation verifying and validating the assumptions around pain and price point.
· Once you have the market data back that validates the pain point a lot of these cases turn into sales in the moment.
· You can then take the data and deploy it into a messaging strategy and into a marketing plan.
The formula for elevator pitch is: Who you help? What is their pain? How you help them? What results they get?
The shorter time it takes to describe what you do, the more money you make.
Resources & Links:
- To schedule www.repositioner.com/schedule
- Link for Chala’s book: Gentle Marketing www.repositioner.com/book
- Show: www.estierand.com/breakthrough
Part 2 of this episode where you hear more go to estierand.com/116-2
Did you enjoy this episode? Then subscribe to my podcast on iTunes, so you can get automatic updates whenever another episode goes live (and you will be helping me get to #1 on iTunes, making us all cooler in the process!)