Do you want to know the only four things you need to maximise the SEO of your website? Join us today as Dmitrii gives you these secrets, how to optimize your website, so the search engines find you.
Dmitrii started young in the business world. While he was still in high school, he opened a small marketing company with his friends, moved on to become a head chef in a restaurant and finally landed in the SEO business.
My Guest: Dmitrii Kustov
Dmitrii is an entrepreneur and the founder of Regex SEO, developing marketing campaigns for well-known companies like John Deer and Dignity Memorial. He graduated with dual degrees in Applied Mathematics, and Linguistics & Translatology from Russia. Currently, as Internet Marketing Director for Regex SEO, he is helping businesses and entrepreneurs grow their presence online. Due to his experience and background, he has been able to share hands-on knowledge about the following topics: Internet marketing (SEO, paid advertising, social media, content marketing, etc), statistical analytics, web development, and entrepreneurship.
· Starting in grade 7, Dmitrii and his friends opened a small company, building flash videos.
· Dmitrii has a degree in mathematics; he applied that to programming and coding.
· The connection between SEO and maths is that every kind of marketing besides for creative marketing is about data. It is an analytical world.
· When he moved to US he tried every job, including being a chef in a restaurant for a few years.
· Since his education and best skill set was in programming, he tried to find a job in this field, yet there was nothing.
· He took on a job as a PHP developer combined with SEO. Although he had no experience in SEO he dived in with courage.
· Within 6 months Dmitrii was running their entire marketing department.
· He has currently been in the SEO business for 7 years.
It is a misconception, that all you need is a website. You need to market it in some way. Ranking on google is where the SEO comes in. It takes typically 1 year of SEO work to see good results. This doesn’t mean you will see profit straight away.
The best tool to use to analyse ranking is Google Analytics.
There are 4 main ingredients for a business owner to have their website up to date in terms of SEO:
1. Content and Value of content: The text you put in should have minimum 700 words. It needs to show the client that you are there to help them.
2. Technical SEO: Nowadays people are impatient. We need to make sure the pages load quickly, and that it’s usable on phones.
3. User experience: This is the main goal of google. Make sure your website or app is easy to use, and one can easily navigate the pages.
4. Back links: Any other website linking to your website.
Current Business Struggle:
When Dmitrii began Regex, he started with nothing. Now he has 40 full time employees, 40 contractors, and they are now expanding. The main challenge is how to grow the business and get bigger clients. The biggest challenge is finding really good Human Resources.
Estie recommends marketing for staff. Create a profile for staff, using 3 metrics:
1. Skills and experience
2. Personality profile: Target them. Design staff avatar.
3. Life stage: Young mom, versus single and flexible.
Listen to the data.
Resources & Links:
- Dmitrii’s Business: regexseo.com
- Find Dmitrii on social as digital spaceman: LinkedIn, twitter,
- Join us on the Show: www.estierand.com/breakthrough
Part 1 of this episode where you hear more go to estierand.com/102-1
Did you enjoy this episode? Then subscribe to my podcast on iTunes, so you can get automatic updates whenever another episode goes live (and you will be helping me get to #1 on iTunes, making us all cooler in the process!)